This text is replaced by the Flash movie.
Test your KC broadband performance
Tips for an accurate speed test1. Test your speed on a PC or Laptop, not an iPad / tablet PC or Smartphone.
2. Connect your PC or laptop to your router with the Ethernet cable (usually yellow) we provided (don't use a wireless connection or powerline adaptor).
3. If you usually connect wirelessly, please turn off the wireless adapter on your computer before running the speed test.
4. Make sure no-one else or any other device at home is connected to your broadband.
5. Reboot your router by switching it off and back on again after a minute or longer.
6. Wait for the lights on your router to stabilise (stop flashing) and the internet light to come on before you start the speed test.
7. Start the test.
My Speed isn't what I expectedNew broadband connection?
It can take up to 10 days for your broadband connection to reach its full potential speed.
How old is your equipment?
Older or less powerful PCs and laptops may affect the accuracy of your speed test results and they are less able to support higher broadband speeds.
Any questions? Between 9am and 5pm click here to speak to our technical support team or at other times call us free on 01482 606101. Our opening hours are: